What a wonderful time of year it is! Granted, it would be great to have a little bit of snow to ring in this holiday season, but I'll save that wish for Christmas Eve. I do live in Texas after all! What can I expect? Then again, Monday it was 80 and today it barely hit 45. So who knows what another week could bring!?
Anyway, I thought I'd take a minute and write down some of my thoughts and feelings. This time of year, ironically, always helps me to slow down and to really reflect on my life. And even though it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving Day for me to realize how truly blessed I am, I couldn't go throughout this day without formally acknowledging my complete gratefulness for a few things.
First of all, I am so grateful to be a wife. It wasn't too long ago that I feared that I would never be able to enjoy a wonderful marriage. I had a phobia, actually, that I would never find that special someone. But I did! And I'm so grateful. Jeff is a wonderful husband and an amazing dad. He is so selfless. And such a hard worker. I appreciate his dedication to Heavenly Father and even more so, the role of Patriarch he fills so humbly and worthily in our family.
Eight years ago today, Jeff asked me to marry him. I've never regretted my decision to say "YES!" We've come a long way since then, and definitely had our trials along the way, but I wouldn't wish to enjoy (and endure) this life with any other.
Secondly, I am so grateful to be a mother. I've been so blessed to have two beautiful, and yet more importantly, healthy and intelligent little boys. Someone once told me that they couldn't see me being a "girl mom." At first I thought that was a knock on me, but then I soon realized that it must mean that I do a pretty darn good job at being a "boy mom!" If that is truly the case, then I'll take that compliment any day!
Garrett and Isaac bring so much joy and entertainment to my life. I honestly can't imagine my life without them. Every day they teach me something new about myself and about life. They keep me humble, but at the same time give me confidence and self worth like nothing else in my life ever has.
My mom once told me that some of her greatest joys have come from living vicariously through her children. Our triumphs are her triumphs. Our goals are her goals. Our happiness is her happiness. That advice makes me look forward to my children's future and all the exciting opportunities and possibilities they have before them.
Thirdly, I'm grateful for my health and strength. For many, this has seemed to become such a fragile thing these days. I can't go but a week or two without hearing of a dear loved one, or a close acquaintance, that has been diagnosed with some sort of health issue. From infertility to cancer, it seems that our generation is being plagued with so many medical trials. And I've learned that no matter how old we may be, or how well we may take care of our bodies, our health is fragile, our health is a blessing. I'm so grateful for mine.
And lastly, I'm so grateful for the wonderful people I have in my life. From my family to my friends, I am (thankfully) surrounded by so many good, good people.
I love this time of year and the formal opportunity that it gives me to voice my thanks and count my blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Love your post, Amy, about all the things you're grateful for. I decided to do the same. I've been reading so many blogs about the blessings in our lives that I felt inspired! Your blog is so cute ... so creative! I hope all is well with you guys down there in Allen. I bet Garrett had a nice birthday yesterday! Your kids are so darling. Wish we could see you over Christmas! Love to you all!
Love your post, Amy! I also like your festive blog site, so appropriate!! Did you guys have a good Thanksgiving? Were you able to see family?
HI Amy,
I loved your blog!! I saw it on you sister n laws blog and I had to send you a message. Your family is beautiful and you look amazinga and as georgeous as ever. I miss you guys and now with Natalie gone i'm sad... Cassi is great so we still have one Copeland. I attached my blog for you. Take care and have a Merry Christmas. Love - Alicia
aliciawhite2@yahoo.com
http://aliciaandherboys.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment