Thursday, December 27, 2007
"Tis the Season to be Mary!"
This Christmas was a quiet one. Unlike in year's past, there were no visitors. Just Jeff, me and the boys. I was a little worried before hand, not knowing how we'd spend the day. But I have to say, as much as I love visitors, this Christmas was definitely relaxing and just as memorable.
The day started off slow. In fact, the boys didn't wake up until 10:00 AM (that's my boys!). Jeff and I waited in our room, eager to see Garrett's reaction to the presents left for him. Our waiting paid off...I'll never forget his almost frenzied shock and awe that "Santa came, Santa came!" It still makes me smile just thinking about it.
Garrett's very specific wish list from Santa this year was simple (gotta love that boy!): a Blue Power Ranger's costume (wish he could've told me that BEFORE Halloween was over though), and a squirrel toy (huh? what's a squirrel toy? Exactly my same question. You see, when we were in Florida, he saw tons of squirrels...so he immediately began asking for a squirrel toy. I ended up getting him a stuffed animal. Needless to say, he loves it! And it goes everywhere with us.) We also gave him a new desk that he can sit and draw at. I got tired of him sitting on the arm of my chair while I worked. So I decided to get him his own! Now he can sit in the office with me and we can both "work" together.
Isaac received a basketball hoop and lots of Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story figurines. The kid loves Buzz. From the time he was about 15 months old, he could sing the notes to "To Infinity and Beyond!" Hilarious.
After presents were opened (which took much longer than I thought due to the fact that after each present, Garrett would run off and play with it. I actually had to demand that he keep opening another present), I put my new Christmas waffle maker to good use. We had a great breakfast/lunch (aka: brunch!). Then we settled down for a nice relaxing afternoon. By 7:00, we all needed to get out of the house. So we drove around and (gratefully) found that my favorite restaurant, IHOP, was open. Breakfast again? Nope, a nice salad and Diet Coke with lemon.
Once we got home again, I had the strange desire to take down the tree and put away every Christmas decoration in sight! I'm not sure what came over me. But at that point, I was so done with the holiday. I know Jeff thought I was crazy, but it was nice to go to bed knowing that my house was "back to normal."
Shoot, before we all know it...we'll be putting it all BACK up!
Until next year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
it sounds like you had a great christmas! we loved your card and it is fun to check out your blog and see what you guys are up to. i can sympathize with the tree thing. i have been looking at ours for the past 2 weeks now and i am going to pull it down by myself tomorrow, with or without dan.
We decided a few years ago that we really want to spend Christmas morning at our own home. It's so nice and peaceful, not to mention magical with kids!! I'm glad you had a great day!
Post a Comment