I also want to take this moment to let a few more mothers know how special they are to me.
Starting with my own mom, Laura Copeland, I want her to know how much I love, appreciate, respect, and admire her. She really is one of those mothers that can truly DO IT ALL. She's a great cook, can sew just about anything (have you seen my drapes?!), teach anyone, lead and inspire the masses, play the piano beautifully...and yet is as humble and unselfish as they come. But aside from all of that, she is one of my very best friends. I call her almost every day....whether it's to chat, share my happy, sad and hard days, ask questions, or seek advice, she is always there for me. I value our relationship more than she'll ever know.
Another mother that I have grown to love and appreciate is my mother-in-law, Joan Barlow. Over the eight years that Jeff and I have been married, Joan has become such a good friend to me. I love that we are building and strengthening a wonderful relationship, one that is built on respect, service, and love. I have no doubt she would do anything for my boys, as well as for all of her 19 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren! Her enthusiasm for life is contagious. She's not afraid to speak her mind. She loves to have a good time and can make the best out of any situation. She laughs constantly and makes everyone around her feel like an all-star. Most of all, she has been a wonderful mother to her 7 children...and since I am married to one of them, I am truly grateful. Love you, Joanie! 
Sisters are more important than life itself...
I've gotten A LOT of flack over the years for that poem, but deep down Al knows it's true. Love ya!
Growing up with 5 brothers yields one amazing thing....lots of awesome sisters-in-law! Angie, Kim, Nattie, Anne, and Cassie...Love you all! My brothers did well and I thank them for bringing you all into my life. Happy Mother's Day!
Anne (Cameron), Nattie (Kent), Me, Cassie (Craig), Kim (Kyle), Alison, Angie (Kevin)To the Barlow gals: Janna, Kelley, Elaine, Jenn, Amy, and Di....hugs and kisses to you all!
And last, but not least, to all my wonderful friends, Happy Mother's Day! And thank you for being such wondeful examples to me. My life would not be complete without you.




No comments:
Post a Comment