Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wildflower Festival

Last night Jeff and I were able to take off with some of our good friends and go down to the Wildflower Festival in Richardson. It was so nice for Jeff and I to have a "date night"...not to mention the weather was absolutely perfect. It's nights like these that remind me why I love living in Dallas. Jeff and me

Steve and Jenny Frederick

Ryan and Kellie Barker

Ty and Amber Wardell

The festival consisted of live music, lots of food, and a good 'ol laser show highlighting Pink Floyd's The Wall. I swear it's been 15 years since I last saw this particular laser show...the first time being at The (one-and-only) Hansen Planetarium in SLC (does that place even still exist?). The lasers were awesome...considering the fact that we were sporting the ever-so-cool 3D glasses, and the music...legendary. I had forgotten what a big fan I was of PF!

After the laser show, we ventured back outside to hear a few more live bands, with the highlight of the night being.....PAT BENETAR! Woo hoo! We didn't know ALL her songs (considering she's been doing this for at least 30 years now), but for the four classics that we DID know, it was awesome. We rocked out like we were back in high school!At first, the boys were completely against seeing Pat Benetar, so they took off to see Everclear. Needless to say, they came wandering back not too much later, admitting that PB was sounding pretty good in comparison to Everclear. Hmmmm, I guess you CAN listen to "Father of Mine" one too many times! Anyway, from the pictures below...."evidence" I'll call it, you can clearly tell that at least one of the boys was definitely lovin' him some PB! On our way out of the festival, we had to stop and check out all vendors' items. Anything you can think of, they sold! Our favorite vendor ended up being these awesome "Stash Caps." Twenty minutes later we all walked away, happy with our new purchase!

All in all, it was a wonderful night! Thanks, Jenny, for putting this night together for us. I have no doubt we ALL had a great time!

9 comments:

Diana said...

Omigosh, love this post! Looks like so much fun ... and Jeff's dancing is LEGENDARY!!

Jessica said...

What a fun night! You guys look like you had a great time. Love the pic of the girls in your new hats.

Jenny said...

Seriously..Jeff's dancing was the highlight of the night! We are one crazy group huh! All I have to say is "we belong to the night!"

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

So fun....I'm so jealous you saw Pat Benatar- remember when I listened to her for like two weeks straight? Sad...

Carol said...

AMY!!! I just found your blog through Gladys' blog. You look so fantastic! I still think of you every time I listen to The Indigo Girls. Take care!

Philip and Melissa said...

I love all the poses from your hubby! ha!

steph said...

What a fun night! I am glad you found it fun enough to update your blog with. I can only imagine the trouble a group like that might cause!! Good times!

Wardell Family said...

That was such a fun time! I love the pics you took...Thanks for sending those out to us. We need to hang as a group again-Ty had a blast and your husband is hilarious!

Schomaker's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast, how about a roomie reunion this year in AZ? We would have a blast, I will organize it just let me know when is good for you?