Thursday, September 04, 2008

Some happy news

Well, I guess it's finally time to share our big news. This is not to say that most of you don't know it already, but I have to make it official sooner or later, and now that I'm officially out of the first trimester, I guess now is as good a time as any. So...with that said, Jeff and I are expecting our 3rd baby!
We don't know what it is just yet and I obviously have my suspicions, but I've been wrong both times before...so I'm resolved to not get my hopes up either way and be happy with whatever we get! I mean seriously, could I not be happy in getting another Garrett? Or Isaac? Ok, maybe the latter has it's reservations :) ...but there is just something about a baby boy that gets me every time. Then again, in theory, I would love to have a girl. I mean the shopping alone would be a dream! So like I said, as long as its healthy, right?

Speaking of healthy, I just went and saw my Dr. on Tuesday and got this ultrasound. They did some specific testing to make sure that everything is on the up and up (my doctor is so protective and proactive...love him!). So far, so good. But the picture doesn't do this little miracle justice. Seeing the little guy (sorry, it's all I know) move about and kick his legs is amazing. And the heart beat!? A miracle. I'm still in awe that I helped make Garrett and Isaac...so seeing this happen again is awe-inspiring. The spine, stomach, and brain all look perfect! And look at the length of those legs! A wonderful Barlow trait!

I'm actually feeling pretty good about 80% of the time now. And at least this time around I have an appetite...although I'm not so sure this will remain a positive in the end! Isaac's pregnancy was very different. I was sick until 19 weeks and even at that point the thought of food made me sick. So I'm grateful for the recent bout of energy and calmer hormone levels (and so is my laundry room!). And yet throughout it all, Jeff has been so amazing. He has stepped up so much the past 3 months...I so appreciate it. With all that we have on our plates right now....selling the house, showing the house, Jeff's job in dealing with a slow mortgage industry, Garrett starting school...I couldn't do any of this without him! So I hope he knows how much I love and cherish him. Ever the empathetic and doting "Love!"

I'll continue to keep you all posted just as soon as we know whether or not Copeland Davis or Lola Tate will be joining our family (note: we reserve the right to change the names...but if you know Jeff and me, that is not highly likely!) in early March 2009.

21 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Jeff told us last week on the phone but i didn't want to comment and give it away... that is so exciting for you guys!

Sam and Josh said...

Congrats. I know the sick thing, believe me with three in there I was sick the entire pregnancy. Hang in there, hopefully it will pass.

Lisa Cannon said...

Congratulations to you and your family! Crossing my fingers for a little girl for you. I'm glad that you aren't as sick this time. Morning sickness is the worst! On another note, you need to join facebook. It is another addiction if you are looking... Lots of fun BHS people on there!

Steve & Jenn Barlow said...

What exciting news!Congratulations to your family!

Natalie said...

I can't believe I'm not experiencing this with you. It's a little sad for me. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to find out if it is a Copeland or Lola. Love you!

King Family said...

Congrats Amy! Hope all is well...I will let you know when the scentsy arrives.

Lisa D, said...

OMG!!!!! Amy!!!! I have been checking your blog for updates for a while so imagine my surprise when I looked today and saw your most recent update!!! WOW!!!!
Congrats to you! Write me.

Love, Lisa D.

Diana said...

I'm so happy for you and Jeff. And the best news of all is that the baby looks healthy and strong and that you're doing well. Love you guys so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling well. I love ultrasounds, they are so amazing! I'm dying to find out what you're having. How long before you know?

Kelley said...

Hi Amy, Glad you're starting to feel better. I know, ....it is a miracle. The boys look so cute in the picture in the lunchroom. I want to squeeze them!

Ang said...

Congrats Amy! So happy for you. Another adorable Barlow on the way! Glad to hear you're feeling okay.

Eva and Joey said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you guys!! There is a baby wave going on right now!! And I'm not involved! But I am soooo excited for you!

Anna and Mauricio Dardano said...

oh my gosh! look how big he/she is! I am so happy for you...love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Congratulations!!

Love
Nicole

Rainie said...

Those names are the best!!! I'm so glad you have a healthy baby growing and glad you're feeling better.

The Wife said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

Jamie Rothe

Alicia said...

Congratulations!! What fun exciting news! You have a beautiful family and I love watching them grow. I hope this pregnancy is wonderful for you.

Schomaker's said...

AWH... congrats!!!!

RAL said...

AMY!!! Congrats!!! That is great news I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Emily B. said...

Yeah! I love the sonogram picture! It is amazing, isn't it?!

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Congrats you two! And good luck in Florida. You'll have fun, and then you can come back to the West coast where, of course, it's the best place to live. :-)