Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saying Goodbye...

Someone once said that one of the hardest things to do in life is to say Goodbye. Someone once also said that "friends are more important than life itself" (an inside joke, of course)! But all joking aside, I have to say that I second both statments...whole-heartedly. Cuz with a group of friends like Jeff and I have made over the years in Dallas, they don't make leaving "home" and saying Goodbye very easy. Me and the Ladies (Nikki, Jenny, Shelley, Kellie, Amber S., Heather, me, Anne, Nicole, and Dawnelle). We missed having Sharalyn and Ben Edmunds, Haley and Nick Young, and Julie and Bill Sivley there, as well.

This past Friday, my sister-in-law, Anne, put together a goodbye party for Jeff and me. It was so thoughtful and well-organized and (almost) ALL of our friends were there, which meant the world to us. We had dinner "family-style" at the wonderful restaurant, Maggiano's, and ate to our heart (and stomach's) content! I don't think I've eaten that much in months! The food was divine, but the company and entertainment were even better. We left feeling loved and knew without a doubt that we had made our mark here in Dallas, and would surely be missed.

Shelley and Len TannerTy and Amber Wardell The best friends a girl can have...(Jenny, Anne, Kellie, and Heather)
Amber and Barry Shelton
The boys...Len Tanner, Cameron (my bro) and Brent Rottweiler
The ever-hilarious Steve Frederick, and Ty Wardell.Nikki Rottweiler and Nicole HoaldridgeNicole and BJ Hoaldridge
Thanks to ALL for a wonderful evening! And thanks, as well, for the darling goodbye notes and "travel gifts" each of you gave to our family. It will make the trip cross-country a little more bearable. Please know time and space will not take away how important you all are in the Barlow family's lives.

No comments: