Friday, December 26, 2008

What will she look like?!

So the countdown has officially begun. With only 75 days (or 10.5 weeks) to go until our little girl joins us, I've started to let my mind wander about what exactly she'll look like! When I was pregnant with Isaac, I didn't really wonder much what he would look like because I seriously thought, what else can Jeff and I make, but a cookie-cutter replica of Garrett?! Boy were we wrong! We've always thought that Isaac has had his own unique look to him...and to this day many wonder where he comes from (I wonder that daily...but not because of his looks!). Then Jeff's mom sent us this picture of him when he was the age that Isaac is now, and the questions, for us at least, have stopped:Amazing.

Anyway, I was hoping to be induced with Lola a week early on the 4th of March, but that very weekend my sweet little niece, Sydney, is going to be baptized! Which means... my parents (lucky them) get to go to Dallas to see that amazing event. Which means...I won't have my mom home the very weekend I would be coming home from the hospital. Which means...I've decided to wait until my due date (never done that before), if I can make it, and be induced on March 11th. I'm not complaining...the middle of March is a great time to have a baby...I had Isaac on March 15th. It's not too cold, not too hot and better yet, March Madness usually hits the very week I'm in the hospital. Therefore, Jeff officially has an excuse to sit and watch ALL the NCAA basketball games while we are in the hospital. Go Gators!

Regardless of when she comes though, we couldn't be more excited to add a new little person to our family. And the thought of it being a girl is just too much! Now that my belly is officially pregnant, and the boys can feel Lola moving about, it's becoming much more real to them, as well. I'm a little nervous for how Isaac is going to adjust to not being the center of attention 100% of the time! But Garrett is going to be just as good as when Isaac came home, the only difference being that at least this time he can help out!

Until then, I've kept this picture in mind as a possibility of what my little girl will look like. If nothing else, at least I know her hair will follow the family 'do!And you wondered where the boys got their 'do!

6 comments:

King Family said...

Lola will be beautiful no matter what!!! We miss you guys!!!

Anna and Mauricio Dardano said...

YES!!! you updated your blog!!!! I miss you:) I am sickeningly jealous of your sweet baby girl...but maybe we will get one sooner or later- She will be gorgeous, and I am dying to see pics of her. March will be here before you know it!

Kirkland's said...

I am so excited for you, girls are SO much fun with all things pink and sweet! We are watching 'Charlie and Lola' right now, what a great name!

Sam and Josh said...

You are going to love having a girl and the boys will be very protective. Love the name.

Emily B. said...

That picture of you with a faux-hawk is hilarious! One thing that is good to know for sure, Lola will be beautiful!

Wardell Family said...

I love the name Lola~She will be gorgeous, Ames! Well, I happen to think March 11 is a good day...it is the day after my bday! Good luck!