Sunday, May 03, 2009

Lola's Blessing Day

It's always a day that I look forward to after having each of my babies...their Blessing Day. Surrounded by strong Priesthood holders, including my dad and brother Craig, Lola was blessed by her father on this, her special day. I'm so grateful that Jeff holds the Priesthood and has the authority to give Lola, and each of our children, a Father's blessing. The blessing was beautiful and so fitting for such a sweet, little girl. And not only was it a tribute to our Lola, but through the words of the blessing, we were all reminded of the amazing and wonderful woman in whom this little girl is named after...my grandmother, Lola Rigby. I've said this many times before, but if Lola turns out to be half the woman that my grandma was, I will be forever blessed and grateful.

Unfortunately, with the excitement of the day, we completely forgot to take any family pictures!!! That is so unlike me or my mom to not remember to completely document the moment! But I wasn't going to let this day come and go without some photo memories, so I came home and conducted my own, makeshift photo shoot of Lola in her blessing dress. And what a beautiful dress it is! I actually found it over 3 years ago at TJ Maxx in Orlando, of all places! I wasn't even pregnant with Isaac yet, but when I saw the dress, I just knew that one day I would have a little girl that would wear it. I'm so glad I acted on my instincts and bought the dress. And thanks to my mom, who took in the neck and arms a little bit so it would fit better, it turned out as beautiful and unique as I dreamed it would.Love you, my sweet and happy girl!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

she is beautiful and i'm so happy about your special day - i love blessing day too! i'm glad you bought the dress 3 years earlier (that sounds like something i would do) it's a gorgeous dress.

Kelley said...

you bought the dress 3 years ago? how funny! I want to know, have you seen the blog "seriouslysoblessed" (dot blogspot)? OMG it is so funny. I think you would like it.
Well, Lola is just adorable. You seem happy in FL. So glad for all the good things happening in your lives.
Love ya, KT

Ang said...

What a cutie! How fun for you to have a little girl. She looks so beautiful dressed in white. You probably feel your family is now complete. Congrats to you! I hope you were able to get on to our blog. If not, let me know!

Alison Wilde said...

Absolutely darling! Can't wait to meet her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all that hair! What a perfect little girl!