Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year!

If I say this one more time this year....it won't be one too many: I can't believe it's 2008!

2008!!!!????

I swear, JUST yesterday...

...It was 25 years ago, the year was 1983...I was 8 years old and had one thing on my mind....dancing! (No, not boys...not yet, anyway!)

...It was 20 years ago, the year was 1988...I was in 7th grade and had just gotten my braces off and was obviously very excited to be wearing a retainer. Furthermore, it seems as though I was a little confused about what the current hair style trend was supposed to be.
...It was 15 years ago, the year was 1993...I was graduating from high school and heading off to Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. And yes, I was still VERY confused about what the current hair style trend was supposed to be.


...It was 10 years ago, the year was 1998...I was living in Florida and about to move back to Utah to finish college. Shall I say I was getting a little better about the hair style?
...It was 5 years ago, the year was 2003...I was a proud mother of one and living in my first house! Hey! Hairstyles don't matter now that I'm a wife and mom (at least that's what I told myself!).


And now...what-do-you-know? It's 2008.

Amazing.

I'm anxious and excited to see what this year will bring. I may not know what lies around the next corner, be it happiness or trials or adventures...But I do know that, whatever may be, I'm blessed to be surrounded by good friends, a wonderful family...

....and a great hairstylist!

Happy 2008, ya'll!

2 comments:

Diana said...

LOVE the pictures of the younger years! And the hairstyles -- to die for!

Jenny said...

HOW did I miss these cute pics on your blog..so funny!!! Love the hair ames..heaven knows I had it too but mine was worse!! so cute!
Jen