Friday, January 25, 2008

THIS is the place...

So...I've decided that whenever you think you've figured out your life and have it all planned out, life has a way of shaking things up.

Up until about 6 months ago, I really thought I'd live in Texas for the rest of my life. A "lifer" is what I called myself about living here. But then things started to rumble and things became misaligned, and before I knew it, that perfect straight line to the end of the road became a fork. Or in my case, a U-ie. In my case, the U-ie is taking me right back to where I came from. Where I was born. Where I call home.

That U-ie is taking me back to Utah.



So...it's with so much excitement that I announce that after 7 years of living in Texas, Jeff and I are moving back to Utah! Jeff has accepted a job transfer with Countrywide to become a Sales Manager in a branch on Foothill Blvd. in Salt Lake City. The current plan is for Jeff to leave at the end of February and the boys and I will follow just as soon as our house sells (say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed that it happens soon). It's been on the market since the first of September...ironically, before we even knew where or what we were going to do (think...rumblings). However, I feel confident that now that we have a plan and a real goal, that we will be blessed to have it sell quickly. I can't imagine our little family being separated for longer than it needs to be.

Another thought I can't imagine is leaving so many of our good friends...and family. We have grown to love and appreciate those around us and will be truly sad to say good-bye. As excited and confident as we are in our decision to move back, there is still a sense of sadness and loss. The reality of never seeing some of these people again is heart-breaking.

I am learning to be grateful for the rumblings and the shake-ups that life sends to me. I've learned that it makes life interesting and unpredictable....but in a good way. And I have no doubt that life in Utah will be both...and so much more! But I must say that in my heart, I will never forget my time here in Texas nor the person I became by living here...a mother, a better wife, a stronger woman, a loyal employee, and a good friend.

To those of you that saw me become even one of those along the way, I say good-bye.

Or even better..."SEE YA'LL!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!
See ya soon

Philip and Melissa said...

Wow! Congratulations on the move and job! It's always hard to move and it always takes an adjustment. But how cool to be close to more family! And now maybe we'll see you more often!

1hotmama said...

Amy, thats good news! Although now you get to deal with the cold of the winter again. Its exciting however now when we get together Jeff can actually be there as well.

Let me know if there is anything I can do when you move back. (I know how to lift a thing or two.)

Emily B. said...

Although we'll of course be happy for your new path, all of us Texans are sad to see you leave! We would have liked you to be a lifer!

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to say hello. Your blog is so cute! Lets catch up...Deb

Nora said...

I am happy for you, at least I can still see you! Keep in touch for sure.

Jenny said...

I am so sad to actually read it in writing..boo hoo..;( so sad but I will miss you terribly and we will always have our good memories! (cletus)
J Fred

Jessica said...

Congratulations! We'll miss you, but we're so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are coming back to your roots! Move by me, seriously! We could have so much fun.
Love ya!
Nicole

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

YAY!!! I can't wait until you live closer to me- still not in the same state, BUT closer. AND, you can go visit Dwight and MaryAnne!

The Wife said...

Congratulations on the new job! Even though we aren't in the same ward any more, I'm sad that you are moving so far away. Good luck!

Jamie Rothe

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I am so sad you are leaving-I'll be honest! But really I am so glad you are going to be close to family and in a good place. We will be visiting there often so I will look you up! Wish we had more time to hang out. It has been so nice getting to know such a great person! You rock!

-Amber