I knew this day was going to come sooner or later. I just didn't realize it was going to be so hard. In fact, I kept trying to deny the reality of Jeff moving to Salt Lake to start his new job, even up until the minute he drove out of the driveway. Luckily, the week before he left, he was able to take a lot of time off work to spend with me and the boys. Then on Friday, we decided we had procrastinated enough and started packing his car. We took all his clothes and shoes and put them in the trunk. Everything for his office (all his work trophies and plaques that he's been awarded, as well as his framed pictures of the family and the boys) was put into a box in the back seat. His "toiletries" we packed into a tupperware box. And last but not least, he packed his favorite pillow, which is more like a flat rock, if you ask me! I had to laugh because if that was me packing all the necessities to live alone for two months? It would still have taken a U-Haul! Gotta love men.
Anyway, this morning we all took our time waking up and then decided that we'd spend our last morning together eating breakfast at (my favorite restaurant) IHOP. I told Jeff he'd drive better and longer on a full stomach. Really all I was trying to do was prolong the goodbyes.
Needless to say, they came. And he went...



12 comments:
Seriously. That is heartbreaking. You are doing so much better than I would be doing. I'm glad he's coming home for Easter.
It's can be sad having them away and trying to get it all done by yourself. Hang in there, things always get better! (At least that's what I have been telling myself alot lately) ;)lol
Thanks for your comment Amy. I seriously feel your pain. The only reason we moved the whole family to my parents place in St. George is so we could see Dust more often, or we'd be in the same boat as you down in Allen. We see him about every other weekend. It sucks. Absolutely no luck with our house either. It is so frustrating and depressing. Hopefully now that its getting warm down there (minus the snow!) things will pick up. Take care girl!
p.s. i think i just need your e-mail! my comment is forever long!
Soooo sad! Argh! Hang in there Amy. It will all come together soon enough. Love ya.
Oh...sad. Reading that made me really sad and I'm so sorry! I hope you guys can be together really soon!
You are so strong-ya just keep on truckin'! I hope all is well and pray that your house sells fast. It is such a beautiful place, it shouldn't take too long...darn housing market! You are sweet what you posted on my blog. I just think the world of you Amy! Love ya!
As hard as it is, in the scheme of things you will be apart only in the blink of an eye. :) You have those boys to smother for the time being.....which I'm SURE they will love!
K so I was just checking in seeing how things r- so I am assuming by reading all this you are staying in tx and your man is traveling to utah quite a bit? R you planning on moving? I would love it you would be so much closer! We could definatly do the roomie reunion this next year or something? Miss ya tons- give me an update!
What's the latest? I need an update...
Oh, I got a little choked up reading this! How crazy for you to be a "single mom" for a short while. Just remember, this too shall pass...
AMY! I just heard the awesome news...you are staying around and Jeff is home!!! YAY- can you tell I am so excited. I am so glad because I thought here I am getting to know this girl and now she is leaving. Now, we can do movie night for a long time!
So glad you guys are doing what is best for the family. We need to get together soon :)
Still gone, huh? How are you holding up?
Post a Comment