
Since I moved to Allen almost 2 1/2 years ago, all I've heard about through the grapevine, is how great this Love and Logic parenting class is. With my boys getting older and discipline needed more and more, I've been wanting to take a really good parenting class. So when I heard that there really was one out there, I was sold on the idea. The thing is, I couldn't seem to make my schedule work for any of the 6-week courses...until now!
So last Thursday, I finally started my once a week, 6-week course. And can I tell you, just after one two-hour class, I'm hooked! I came away with so many great ideas, with the main one being..."don't focus on trying to change your kids...instead, focus on changing the way you interact with your kids, and positive behavior will follow suit." The L&L's main philosophy is two-fold: teach with experience and by example (this will bring about a child that is respectful, responsible and fun to be around); and don't forget that YOU are the parent! I love it.
Check in your area to see if this philsophy of parenting classes is taught. You will not be disappointed! For those of you in the Dallas area, email my istructor, Amy Egan (a.egan518@sbcglobal.net), for her schedule of courses. There is even a condensed 6-hour course (offered 2 Saturdays, 3-hours each) for husbands! If Jeff wasn't leaving soon and having to work on Saturday, I would forsure make him go!




7 comments:
Where may I ask do you get all these fabulous looks for your blog? so cute!
I've never heard of this...I feel so out of the loop. I want to go- I'm always looking for stuff like this.
A parenting class??? Man, you are so on the ball. I mean, I'm totally winging it here. Love the music, too, by the way.
Amy, I love your cute blog all the backgrounds are adorable. O.k. so I'm thinking what a great class just from what you said. Please do keep sharing news about it. I'm always trying to learn how to be a better parent with my son.
I have heard such great things about L&L. It is something I think I need to look into as Brock turns 4 and getting a little harder to handle. I love their philosophy! Thanks for sharing the email.
It is great I have read it and apply it LOVE IT!
I'm glad you like it so much! I'll have to remember it and take the class in a little bit. I'm starting to get a little scared about this whole parenting thing anyway! Ah! 3 months to go!
Post a Comment