Monday, May 04, 2009
The pool is open!
One of the main reasons we bought our house was to have access to the amazing amenity center the neighborhood has to offer. Since we moved here in October, we've made good use of the playground, but all the while, we dreamed of the day that we would officially be residents and have access to the pool. Well today was the day we've been waiting for!
And it's amazing what a year will do. Last summer, Garrett was so timid and insecure about being in the water. But the minute we got to the pool, all I had to do was remind him that he would be OK in water as deep as 4 feet. And off he went. Next thing I knew, he was SWIMMING! And...he even accepted my offer to take swimming lessons this year! Wow! That is music to my ears since last year we were politely asked to drop out of the lessons I had signed him up for (love you, Jocelyn!). But I had to agree with the advice. He just clearly wasn't ready then. But he is now. And I'm so proud of him.
And, I don't need to tell you that what my "monkey sees...my monkey does." Monkey "doing"...aka, Isaac. The kid didn't even take the time to think about whether or not he could even swim. He just saw that Garrett was in the "deep end" and so like everything else Isaac does, he just jumped in and went for it. And yes, I did have to save him at one point, which quickly brought him back to reality. But once they were both comfortable about their H2O boundaries, for one whole evening these boys were in heaven.
I see many summer days being spent at this locale...
And even Lola loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I love seeing the updated pics. It was about time missy! j/k. You're not busy or anything right? :) House looks great. You've gotten a lot done.
CAN'T WAIT to hit this spot when we get to FL! The boys are going to love this pool. Lola is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!
Post a Comment